Homecoming King and Queen 2022 are: Parker Loureiro and Juleanna Gomez!

Nicole Heveron

2022 Homecoming Queen Juleanna Gomez and 2022 Homecoming King Parker Loureiro.

This year’s Homecoming court includes Juleanna Gomez, Madyson Salcido, Julissa Cano, Alexia Figueroa, Ahtziri Santos, Bree Ortiz. Parker Loureiro, Jessie Flores, Manuel Milke, Rio Albanez, Carlos Gomez, and Jonathan Tennefos. 

King Candidate Rio Albañez escorts Queen Candidate Ahtziri Santos. (Nicole Heveron)

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Rio Albanez is the 17-year-old son of Albert and Alicia Albanez. He is involved with NHS, football, baseball, basketball, track, and 4-H. After graduation, Rio plans to attend a 4-year university to study business or medicine. His best memories in high school are playing sports, especially football, winning prom king and queen with his girlfriend Ahtziri, hanging out with his friends and girlfriend, and winning the CIF championship in football. Rio would like to thank his parents and girlfriend for always being there for him and being supportive of what he does. He would also like to thank his coaches and teammates for always pushing him to do his best. 

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Ahtziri Santos is the 17-year-old daughter of Francisco and Maria Santos. She is involved with the NHS for 3 years, cheer for 8 years, and dance for 12 years. After graduation, Athziri plans to go to Arizona State University to major in journalism. Her best memories in high school are getting chosen as a varsity cheer captain, hanging out with her friends and boyfriend, and winning prom queen and king with her boyfriend Rio. Athziri would like to be remembered as the girl who is always matching with her boyfriend, and the girl who always had a smile on her face no matter what.

Homecoming Candidates Carlos Gomez and Julissa Cano. (Nicole Heveron)

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Carlos Gomez is the 17-year-old son of Genaro and Sofie Gomez. He is involved with football being a 4-time letterman and a 2-time captain, involved in varsity track for 3 years being a former captain, as well as a 2-time letterman in varsity wrestling and being in Leo’s club. After graduation, Carlos plans to play college football while getting a degree in kinesiology or psychology. His best memories in high school are the bus rides home from games, meets, and spending time with his friends. Carlos would like to thank his parents for everything, all the coaches he’s ever had. A special thank you to Mike Wallace for the past 4 years. It’s like what Drake said, “You win some, you lose some, as long as the outcome is income.” 

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Julissa Cano is the 17-year-old daughter of Josue and Laura Cano. She is involved with cheer for 4 years including 1 year as varsity captain, soccer for 4 years, swimming for 3 years, National Honor Society, ASB for 4 years including Class President for 2 years, Medical Club, Math Club, Espanolandia, and FFA. She has also received her FFA State Degree. After graduation, Julissa plans to attend a 4-year university to pursue a career as a cardiologist nurse practitioner. Her best memories in high school are spending time with her closest friends and laughing and joking around. She would like to thank her parents for always pushing her to her limits and guiding her in the right direction. She loves you guys.

King Candidate Parker Loureiro escorts Queen Candidate Madisyn Salcido. (Nicole Heveron)

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Parker Loureiro is the 17-year-old son of Steve and Brit Loureiro. He is involved with varsity football for 3 years, captain for one, and varsity basketball, and baseball for 3 years. He has been involved with ASB for 4 years, currently as the Commissioner of Male Athletics. He is a member of NHS and the Palo Verde Saddle Stompers 4-H group. After graduation, Parker plans to attend college with the hopes of continuing his athletic career. His best memories in high school are all the great times spent with his friends and winning the CIF football and baseball championships last year. Parker would like to thank his mom and dad for all the support throughout the years. As well as a big thank you to all his coaches and teachers for their guidance and support.

Homecoming Court Biography Outline 

Madisyn Salcido is the 17-year-old daughter of Levi and Madilyn Parker. She is involved with varsity track, being a 4-year letterman, girls basketball, being a 3-year letterman, and varsity cheer being a 2-year letterman, and one year as captain. She is the president of NHS, Leo’s club, culinary club, and mock trial. She is the current ASB treasurer and was the 21-22 Fair Ambassador. After graduation, Madisyn plans to enlist in the National Guard while attending UCLA law school. She plans to become a Prosecution Attorney and pursue criminal justice before transitioning into a judge. She also plans to start and work on her real estate license this year. Her best memories in high school are winning the CIF San Diego Section Division 5 girls basketball championship and cheering for the boys at their football championship. Madisyn would like to thank all her supporters in her life that have helped her to be as successful as she is today, including all her coaches, teachers, and parents. It’s like what Kanye said, “I wanna thank me.” 

Nicole Heveron

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Manuel Milke is the 17-year-old son of Manuel and Gracie Milke. He is involved with boys soccer, football, NHS, the Medical club, and Espanolandia. After graduation, Manuel plans to attend San Diego State University to fulfill his dream of becoming a physical therapist. His best memories in high school are hanging out with his friends, playing soccer, and meeting new people. Manuel would like others to know that he loves his family who has always supported him throughout his entire life and that he appreciates his friends that have helped him throughout the year and that have made him the person he is today. 

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Alexia Figueroa is the 17-year-old daughter of Dario and Ana Figueroa. She is involved with FFA, NHS, Med Club, ASB, film club, peer mediation, varsity cheer, cross country, and softball. After graduation, Alexia plans to attend a 4-year university in Arizona in hopes of achieving a bachelors of science in nursing. Her overall goal is to become a nurse practitioner specializing in dermatology. Her best memory in high school was running around town pranking the boys baseball team. Alexia would like others to know that she wouldn’t be who she is without her friends and family. She would like to thank every one of you for being with her every step of the way. She loves you guys. 

King Candidate Jessie Flores escorts Queen Candidate Juleanna Gomez. (Nicole Heveron)

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Jessie Flores is the 17-year-old son of Oscar Garcia and Maria Paz. He is involved in varsity football for 3 years and varsity baseball. After graduation, Jessie plans to attend college and pursue a career in sports and get his own place with his younger sisters. His best memories in high school are the Friday night games, the late rides to and from games, and having fun with his friends. Jessie would like to give a shout-out to his Tio Oscar for always keeping him on the right track and pushing him to always do better. 

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Juleanna Gomez is the 17-year-old daughter of Juan and Evy Gomez. She is involved with ASB, NHS, FFA, Interact, Leo’s, dance, and softball, is the president of the Medical club and is the captain of her varsity cheer team. After graduation, Juleanna plans to attend a 4-year university in Utah, in hopes to pursue a career in the medical field. Her best memories in high school include cheering under the Friday night lights, creating long-lasting friendships, and the shenanigans that homecoming brings each year. Juleanna would like to thank her loving parents and family for their unconditional love and for making all her dreams possible. She would also like to thank Chica and Peterson for being the best listeners and advice-givers ever. Lastly to her two best friends, Elizabeth and Cali she loves you guys more than you’ll ever know and she appreciates your beautiful souls. 

King Candidate Jonathan Tennefos escorts Queen Candidate Bree Ortiz. (Nicole Heveron)

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Jonathan Tennefos is the 17-year-old son of Chuck and Kristin Tennefos. He is involved with PVHS golf, varsity basketball, and baseball, and is a member of the journalism club. After graduation, Jonathan plans to attend Palo Verde College and transfer to Arizona State University. His best memories in high school are hanging out with friends at snack break, golf, and basketball trips, being in Troy Peterson’s class, and being crowned Spirit King. He would like to thank his wonderful mother, supportive and amazing brothers, and loving grandma. He would also like to thank Mr. Peterson for being a role model and guiding him through high school. 

Homecoming Court Biography Outline

Bree Ortiz is the 17-year-old daughter of Douglas and Veronica Distefano. She is involved with FFA, pet club, medical club, NHS, ASB, softball, and varsity cheer, and is the PVHS volleyball team manager. After graduation, Bree plans to attend a 4-year university in California to work towards her goal of becoming a pediatric speech pathologist. Her best memories in high school were the days that were filled with nothing but smiles and laughter from hanging out with her closest friends. Bree would like others to know that the friendships she’s made in high school are a huge blessing that she’ll cherish for a lifetime. She would like to thank her family for always believing in her and showering her with love. Especially her cousin Gabe for being her best friend ever since she can remember. 

Quote from the court 

“High school years go by fast. Enjoy the years you have and attend any events the school has. We recommend it to the other students who would want to be nominated, to go for it! Whether you win or not, it’s a great time to make the best of memories. You’ll always have those memories that you were able to make since not a lot of people get to be on the court. Have fun with all the festivities that come with it. ”  

2022 Homecoming Queen and King: 

Jessie Flores celebrates the news that Jules is Queen! (Nicole Heveron)
Madisyn Salcido congratulates King, Parker Loureiro.

This year’s Homecoming Queen and King were Juleanna Gomez and Parker Loureiro.  Juleanna says that she “…was so surprised and so incredibly grateful to my fellow students. The whole experience of being nominated to be on the homecoming court was so much fun and something I’m so glad to have experienced. Parker and I are both very thankful to have been voted by our classmates.” Parker added that he “…felt shocked and excited at the same time, but then again I was also focused on winning our game. The emotions I was having throughout the whole homecoming experience was lots of excitement but also just trying to stay calm and focused for Friday’s game and not letting anything get to my head.” Recent alumni and 2021 Homecoming King and Queen, JC Phipps and Hadley Phipps were on hand to do the honors of crowning Parker and Juleanna King and Queen. Congratulations to all of the 2022 Homecoming Court! You represented the class of 2023 well!

Newly coronated King and Queen, Parker Loureiro and Juleanna Gomez, pictured with the 2021 Regents, J.C. Phipps and Hadley Phipps. (Nicole Heveron)