The Student News Site of Palo Verde High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

New Beginnings for Heidi Jorgensen

Isaac Navarro
Heidi Jorgensen, Photo by Isaac Navarro

Heidi Jorgensen is a 17-year-old athlete, who after graduation is planning on attending Thomas College in Waterville, Maine in the fall. During her time there she will be playing soccer. Earlier this year, the Thomas coaches contacted her and were really eager to have her play for them. She was granted a Magna Cum Laude Scholarship which is the highest one they offer. It is a partial scholarship and covers half of the cost of her annual tuition. Heidi was very unsure about attending Thomas but she felt like she would be very supported there and decided that Thomas would be a good place for her.  In college, she plans to major in Political Science and minor in Spanish and History. 

Heidi has always loved soccer since she was little, and she never grew out of it. A huge part of where she is today is due to her family and friends. Talent has a part in what she does. However, she will always say that it’s the people you surround yourself with and the internal motivation to be the best in what you do that plays a key role in your success. A person who has always been an inspiration to her is Lionel Andres Messi. In her words, “He is the GOAT.”

She started playing club soccer a few years ago. She trains really hard in everything she does (when it comes to soccer). She will always go 110% when it comes to playing the sport she loves. On a normal weekday, you can catch her working out at the gym or training with her semi-pro team. The main challenge that she has experienced along the way is doubt and self-doubt.

Heidi will always remember and cherish the moments that got her to where she is. When it comes to her high school years she will definitely miss her friends and her favorite teachers, a thing she will not be missing is the homework. During her soccer season, her favorite post-game meal is Subway. Lately, she’s been getting into the protein bowls but she will absolutely demolish a footlong after a long game. Though she does know some of her new teammates, she is very excited to meet her new team and work with them. Heidi is so excited for her new beginnings and where the future will take her.