The Student News Site of Palo Verde High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

Senior spotlight: Cade Alaniz

Cade Alaniz has been impressing Pv fans on the soccer field for 4 years as a yellow jacket, and now he gets the chance to do it at the collegiate level. He is the 18-year-old son of Rey and Danelle Alaniz. In the fall he will be attending Linfield University where he will be playing on their men’s soccer team. He is attending the school on a merit scholarship and a first-generation student scholarship. While there he plans on majoring in Journalism and Media Studies, as well as minoring in Business. 

Cade’s soccer journey started at 3 years old when his mom brought him to his first soccer camp where he fell in love with the game and hasn’t stopped playing since. Throughout high school, Cade has accomplished many goals and made many memories with his teammates and classmates, but his favorite is when he scored the winning goal in his junior year to take his team to the championship game. “It was just such a crazy feeling to make history and take the team all the way to the championship game.” Cade had many ups and downs in his soccer career but he mentioned that the hardest part was all the sacrifices he’s had to make in missing dances, parties, and not getting to hang out with his friends as much as he wanted to, but Cade mentions “It was all worth it because were all the sacrifice has gotten me”. 

Cade has always wanted to play at the next level of soccer and with the help of his coach Scott Peterson, he got in contact with Linfield University. After a lot of research on the school he fell in love  and was determined to go there. Cade is excited to play at the next level, “ I’m looking forward to being able to study things that interest me and the opportunity to play soccer at the collegiate level.” Cade currently plays as a center-attacking midfielder, and that is what his coach plans on playing him during his college career.  

Cade wanted to give a special thank you to his family and friends, especially my parents. “ My parents, they’ve always sacrificed their time and money to get me to where I needed to be for games and practices, and they’ve supported me through it all.” Cade also wants to leave some advice for the upcoming players; “Always believe in yourself and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. Never let anyone tell you that you can’t do things, as long as you work hard and you really want it, you’ll get everything you dream of.” Cade has always been a role model to his teammates and kids on campus, his teammate Landyn Munyon mentioned “Cade has been a role model to me and my teammates because of how much of a leader he is on and off the field. He tries his best to help us be better for ourselves. He helps keep our heads cool in the game. He is an amazing captain and an amazing person. He has many players looking up to him because he’s a great role model”. Cade has made a big impact on and off the field and yellow jacket fans are excited to see what the rest of his career will bring.