The Student News Site of Palo Verde High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

MaryJane Dagnino

Cherished Memories Photography
    MaryJane Dagnino, PVHS Girls Varsity Basketball player.

MaryJane is an eighteen-year-old senior at Palo Verde High School. After she graduates she plans to attend Palo Verde College to continue her basketball career of 8 years. In college, she hopes to study biology and various sciences to graduate with her AA and transfer to another college to get her bachelor’s degree in preparation for veterinary school. She will begin at Palo Verde in the coming fall semester. When asked what it took to get where she is, she explained that she worked hard to be ready for college level basketball and focused mainly on schooling. She explained how education was a huge factor for her and continuing in her career. While some of her challenges consisted of time and dedication towards basketball and putting in her all to help her team win. Her favorite sports team is Iowa College girls basketball, while being her favorite she also takes inspiration from them. Who is Mary Jane’s inspiration? Caitlin Clark,who is now a WNBA player. She takes inspiration from Caitlyn because she always tries to better herself and gives her all in basketball and always having a positive attitude. While being a hard worker, having a positive attitude means a lot to her. MaryJane started playing basketball when she was in fourth grade. Some of her favorite memories are with her team like going to the basketball tournaments, and staying up late with her friend Jessica in the hotel. Other memories are with her team annoying her coaches late at night on these trips. MaryJane is a well-recognized student for not only her talent in basketball, but also for being a caring person. She has made an impact on many people and will continue to do so in her future.