The Student News Site of Palo Verde High School

The Buzz

The Buzz

The Buzz

Boys Basketball

The 2023 basketball season has just made way for a group of promising athletes this year. The J.V. are starting their season off good with a 2-1 record while the varsity are having a little trouble setting the tone with a 1-2 record.The JV second game of the season they went to a crazy over time with our team winning by one point, while the varsity had a blow out on their first away game. The real question is how are these 2 boys teams preparing to be even better for their future games to come.

Tyler Stinson sophomore on J.V stated, “ We work on getting in good shape as well as running our plays correctly”. If they can run the plays properly then the talent of these boys will take them far. Rudy Armstrong, starter on varsity stated that the team needs to work on their teamwork and passing so that when it comes to game time they are ready and prepared for all challenges that may come their way. I spoke with Ms. Hann- the /school athletic director/ she added “ I am really excited about our new coaching staff varsity head coach Jonathan Crowe as well as JV coach Anthony  Jones. I am also very ready for the competitive and intense play on the court”.  I interviewed Jonathan Crowe he noted the Varsity team has a lot of potential they just need to learn how to work together.

In 2022 the Varsity team record was 9-15. This year we have many new players and are hoping to have a better record going forward. The boys are putting in a lot of work this season so that by the time league comes they are fully rehearsed and can play to their best ability. Good luck to our 2023 boys J.V and Varsity team.